Форум Дніпропетровської державної фінансової академії
Форум присвячений вступу, навчанню, подіям яки відбуваються у Дніпропетровської державної фінансової академії, проведення Інтернет конференції, працевлаштуванню студентів академії, співпраці з партнерами.
Написане: вівторок січня 18, 2011 10:24 am Тема повідомлення: Summer Internship Program 2011, USA
Berkman Center for Internet & Society – Summer Internship Program 2011, USA
Deadline: 13 March 2011
Open to: undergraduate, graduate and PHD students
Period: Monday June 6, 2011 – Friday August 12, 2011
Salary: $11.50 an hour
Each summer The Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University welcomes a group of talented, curious, and energetic full-time interns who are passionate about the promise of the Internet and issues related to media and journalism, civic engagement, policy, identity and privacy, education, technology, the developing world, law, and more.
The Berkman Center’s mission is to explore and understand cyberspace; to study its development, dynamics, norms, and standards; and to assess the need or lack thereof for laws and sanctions.
It`s a research center, premised on the observation that what we seek to learn is not already recorded. Their method is to build out into cyberspace, record data as they go, self-study, and share. Their mode is entrepreneurial nonprofit.
Summer interns jump head first into Berkman research – joining efforts such as their Broadband project, their freedom of expression projects, the Youth and Media Project,Herdict, Cooperation, the Cyberlaw Clinic, the Global Network Initiative, the Digital Media Law Project, Law Lab, and others. There they have an opportunity for deep and substantive involvement in project operation.
* performing topic-based research; drafting and editing blog posts, papers and other written outputs;
* conducting outreach, developing partnerships, and maintaining relationships;
* exploring project and research design;
* undertaking academic responsibilities of all kinds both independently and collaboratively is part of the Berkman summer intern experience.
Specific tasks and experiences vary depending on interns’ skills and project needs.
In addition to contributing to project based work, summer interns participate in special events and lectures with Berkman faculty and fellows, engage each other through community experiences like the weekly interns discussion hours and group video productions. In addition, each year the interns innovate new opportunities for fun and learning, such as organizing debates, producing podcasts and other media outputs, and hosting book clubs and cookoffs.
* students enrolled across the spectrum of disciplines;
* students at different levels of academic study including undergraduate, graduate and PhD. programs (some flexibility with high school students might be possible);
* interns do not have to be affiliated with Harvard University;
* interns do not have to be U.S. residents, and international students are welcome to apply.
* applications from people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, and persons with disabilities, as well as applications from researchers and practitioners
from across the spectrum of disciplines and methods are actively seeked and welcomed.
Summer internship positions are full time (35 hours/week), and the summer program runs from Monday June 6, 2011 – Friday August 12, 2011.
Interns are paid $11.50 an hour. Please be forewarned that stipends may not be sufficient to cover living expenses in the Boston area. Free on-campus housing may be available for some interns this summer (details to be determined). No other benefits are provided, therefore interns must make their own insurance and transportation arrangements.
Law student applications:
If you are a law student interested in conducting legal work with the Cyberlaw Clinic, the Digital Media Law Project, or one of our other projects over the summer, please find important additional information and follow the application instructions here.
Applications from students from all other disciplines:
Applications will be accepted online
To apply for a summer internship they require:
* a letter describing your skills and interests;
* a current version of your resume or CV;
* and the contact information for at least two references (professional or academic).
If you have questions about either academic year or summer internships, please contact Becca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline for all students for Summer 2011 is 11:59 p.m., ET on Sunday March 13, 2011.
The official webpage http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/getinvolved/internships#academic
Ви не можете писати нові повідомлення в цю тему Ви не можете відповідати на теми у цьому форумі Ви не можете редагувати ваші повідомлення у цьому форумі Ви не можете видаляти ваші повідомлення у цьому форумі Ви не можете голосувати у цьому форумі